ASML Provides Strategic and Financial Update at Investor Day Virtual Meeting
ASML increases its long-term outlook
VELDHOVEN, The Netherlands, September 29, 2021 – At today’s Investors Day meeting, broadcast live from its head office in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML Holding NV (ASML) will provide strategy update , the performance and long-term prospects of the company. Chairman and CEO Peter Wennink, along with CTO Martin van den Brink and CFO Roger Dassen and other senior executives, will discuss business growth opportunities and market and technology developments.
Business strategy, long-term outlook and value creation
- Global megatrends in the electronics industry, supported by a highly profitable and extremely innovative ecosystem, are expected to continue to fuel growth in the semiconductor market.
- The growth of semiconductor end markets and the increasing intensity of lithography are driving demand for our products and services.
- ASML’s comprehensive product portfolio is aligned with our customer’s roadmaps, delivering cost-effective solutions that support all applications from state-of-the-art nodes to mature nodes.
- Based on different market scenarios, we have the possibility of achieving an annual turnover in 2025 between around 24 billion euros and 30 billion euros, with a gross margin in 2025 between around 54% and 56%. %.
- We see significant growth opportunities beyond 2025. We anticipate that our systems (lithography, metrology and inspection) and installed base management (sales of field services and upgrades) will provide a growth rate. annual turnover of around 11% for the period 2020-2030, based on third-party research and our assumptions.
- ASML and its supply chain partners are actively adding and improving capacity to meet this future customer demand.
- Our ESG sustainability strategy builds on the performance improvements achieved and details how we plan to contribute to a digital and sustainable future.
- Our continued investments in technology leadership have created significant shareholder value.
- We plan to continue returning significant sums of money to our shareholders through a combination of growing dividends and share buybacks.
Topics and speakers
- Market Drivers, Strategy and Sustainable Value – Peter Wennink, President and CEO
- Technology strategy – Martin van den Brink, President & CTO
- EUV products and business opportunities – Christophe Fouquet, Executive Vice President Business Line EUV
- DUV Products and Business Opportunities – Ron Kool, Executive Vice President Business Line DUV
- Application Products and Business Opportunities – Jim Koonmen, Executive Vice President, Applications Business Line
- Installed Base Management – Wayne Allan, Executive Vice President of Customer Service
- Business model and capital allocation strategy – Roger Dassen, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Webcast and presentations
The event will be hosted on a fully virtual platform. The program runs from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. CET. The live webcast can be watched from anywhere in the world (no pre-registration required). The link to the webcast is on our website. The presentations and a recording will be available later on www.asml.com.
|Press relations contacts||Investor Relations Contacts|
|Monique Mols +31 6 5284 4418||Skip Miller +1 480 235 0934|
|Brittney Wolff Zatezalo +1 408 483 3207||Marcel Kemp +31 40 268 6494|
|Karen Lo +886 36 23 6639||Peter Cheang +886 3 659 6771|
ASML is one of the leading suppliers to the semiconductor industry. The company provides chipmakers with hardware, software and services to mass-produce models of integrated circuits (microchips). In collaboration with its partners, ASML promotes the development of more affordable, more powerful and more energy efficient microchips. ASML enables revolutionary technology to solve some of humanity’s most difficult challenges, such as healthcare, energy use and conservation, mobility and agriculture. ASML is a multinational company based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, with offices in Europe, the United States and Asia. Every day, ASML’s more than 29,300 employees challenge the status quo and push technology to new limits. ASML is listed on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. Discover ASML – our products, our technology and our career opportunities – at www.asml.com.
This press release and the presentations referred to contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding expected industry trends and the business environment, including expected growth, prospects and expected financial results, including expected net sales, gross margin, R&D costs, selling and administrative costs. and effective tax rate, annual revenue opportunity for 2025, financial model for 2025 and assumptions and expected growth rates and drivers, expected growth including 2020-2025 and 2020-2030 growth rates, total addressable market, opportunities growth rate beyond 2025 and expected annual growth rate in lithography, metrology and inspection systems and expected annual growth rate of installed base management, expected addressable market trends through 2030, trends expected revenue opportunities for logic and memory, long-term growth opportunities and prospects, expected trends in demand and demand drivers, expected benefits and performance of systems and applications, semicon drivers end market trends, expected growth in the semiconductor industry, including the expected growth in demand and capital expenditure in the years tocoming, expected growth in wafer demand and investment in wafer capacity, expected lithography market demand and growth and expenditure, growth opportunities and drivers, expected trends in UVR and DUV demand, sales, outlook, sheets route, opportunities and capacity growth and expected uptake of UVU, cost-effectiveness, availability, productivity and production and wafer demand estimate and value improvement, expected trends in application industry, expected trends in management of the installed base, including revenue expectations and target margins, expected trends and growth opportunities in the application industry, expectations for high NA, expectation of increased production capacity, plans, strategies and priorities and strategic directions, expectation of increased capacity, production and production to meet demand , the expectation that Moore’s Law will continue and The Evolution of Moore’s Law, product, technology and customer roadmaps, and statements and intentions regarding capital allocation policy, dividends and share buybacks, including the intention to continue returning large sums of money to shareholders through a combination of share buybacks and growing annualized dividends and statements regarding ESG commitment, strategy of sustainable development, objectives, initiatives and milestones. You can usually identify these statements by using words like “may”, “will”, “could”, “should”, “plan”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “expect”, “plan”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “potential”, “intention”, “continue”, “target”, “future”, “progress”, “objective” and variations of these or comparable words. These statements are not historical facts, but rather are based on current expectations, estimates, assumptions and projections about our business and future financial results and readers should not place undue reliance on them. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, economic conditions; Semiconductor equipment industry product demand and capacity, global demand and semiconductor manufacturing capacity utilization, semiconductor end-market trends, impact of general economic conditions on consumer confidence and demand for our customers’ products, performance of our systems, impact of the COVID -19 epidemic and the measures taken to contain it on the global economy and financial markets, as well as on ASML and its customers and suppliers, and other factors that may affect ASML’s sales and gross margin, including customer demand and ASML’s ability to source its products, the success of R&D programs and technological advancements, and the pace of new product development and customer acceptance and demand for new products, production capacity and our ability to increase capacity to meet the demand, the number and timing of systems ordered, shipped and recognized as revenue, and the risk of order cancellation or expulsion, the production capacity of our systems including the risk of delays in the production of the supply chain system and capacity, constraints, shortages and disruptions, semiconductor industry trends, our ability to enforce patents and protect intellectual property rights and outcome litigation and litigation relating to intellectual property, availability of raw materials, critical manufacturing equipment and skilled employees and trends in labor markets, geopolitical factors, business environment; import / export and national security regulations and ordinances and their impact on us, our ability to meet sustainability goals, exchange rate and tax changes, available liquidity and cash requirements liquidity, our ability to refinance our debt, available cash and distributable reserves for, and other factors affecting dividend payments and share repurchases, the results of share repurchase programs and other risks indicated in the risk factors included in ASML’s annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2020 and other filings and submissions to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements are made only as of the date of this document. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this report or to conform such statements to actual results or revised expectations, except as required by law.