The NDSU Bison football team, the SCSU women’s basketball team, the Minnesota Wild and St. Cloud Norsemen all scored victories on Saturday, while the SCSU men’s hockey team, the Gopher men’s hockey team and the SCSU men’s basketball team each failed. On Sunday, the Gopher men’s basketball team will face Mississippi State on the road, and the Minnesota Vikings will face Detroit at Ford Field.
– The no. 2 Bison continued his impressive game with a 38-7 victory over Southern Illinois in the second round of the FCS Championship. Cam Miller completed nine of 14s for 88 yards and one interception, but added 13 carries for 61 yards and two rushing touchdowns for the NDSU. TaMerik Williams had 17 carries for 112 yards and two touchdowns. The Bison improve to 11-1 overall and will host the No.7 in East Tennessee State on Saturday at 11:00 am.
– The SCSU women’s basketball team extended their winning streak to four games by beating Bemidji State University 69-51 at home on Saturday. Brehna Evans led all scorers with 17 points for St. Cloud. Tori Wortz finished with 13 points, while Erin Navratil and Nikki Kilboten each added 10. The Huskies improve to 5-1 and host the University of Mary at 7:30 pm Friday.
– The Wild won a 4-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs. Marcus Foligno, Jordan Greenway and Mats Zuccarello each scored for Minnesota, and it was Kirill Kaprizov who gave the team the shootout victory. The Wild improve to 17-6-1. Then they will travel to Edmonton to face the Oilers 16-6-0.
– The Norsemen finished a weekend sweep of the North Iowa Bulls with a 3-2 overtime victory on Saturday. Dylan Gajewski led all scorers with two goals for the Bulls. Ryan O’Neill, Kade Peterson and Blake Perbix each scored one for St. Cloud. Tomas Bolo made 23 saves and allowed two goals. The Norsemen improve to 11-9 and will travel to Cloquet on Friday to face the 13-12-1 MN Wilderness at 7.15pm.
– The SCSU men’s hockey team couldn’t resist a Fighting Hawks rally and fell to UND 5-3 to split the weekend series. Kyler Kupka, Nick Perbix and Kevin Fitzgerald each scored one for St. Cloud. The Huskies drop to 10-6 and will take a hiatus for a few weeks before heading to Bemidji State University to face the Beavers on Friday, Dec.31.
– The Gopher men’s hockey team lost 6-2 to Michigan on Saturday to split the weekend series. Michael Pastujov led all scorers with three goals for the Wolverines. Grant Cruikshank and Bryce Brodzinski each registered one for Minnesota. The Gophers fall to 10-8 and will take a hiatus and return to action in January.
– The SCSU men’s basketball team fell 97-83 in a shootout against Bemidji State University. Derek Thompson led all scorers with 33 points for the Beavers. Anthony Roberts led St. Cloud with 24 points, five rebounds and two blocks. Huskies drop to 4-5 and host University of Mary on Friday at 5:30 p.m.
– The Gopher 6-0 men’s basketball team will look to go undefeated as they travel to Mississippi State to face the Bulldogs 6-1 on Sunday. This will be the first meeting between the two programs. Pre-game coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. on AM 1390 and 93.9 FM Granite City Sports.
–The Minnesota Vikings 5-6 will look to come back to .500 when they face the Lions 0-10-1 in Detroit on Sunday. The Lions will be looking to secure their first victory of the season against the shorthanded Vikings. Minnesota won the last clash between the teams at US Bank Stadium in October. Pre-game coverage will begin at 11:00 am on AM 1240 and 95.3 FM WJON.